Both Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses play at over 7,000 yards from the "Golden Bear tees," and are designed with separate tees to offer a variety of challenges, each one an enjoyable golfing experience. A double-ended driving range, short game practice area with a chipping green and a large putting green are featured as part of an extensive practice facility.
The South Course features dramatic bunkering, dramatic elevation changes, rolling greens and a lush landscape palette surrounded by the incredible mountains that provide breathtaking views, especially the sixth hole that directly faces Eisenhower Mountain.
North Course features beautiful arroyos, stunning rock formations and rolling fairways all set in a colorful, desert landscape palette surrounded by the incredible mountains that provide breathtaking views, especially the ninth hole with vistas of Eisenhower Mountain and the Club Villa.
TEE IT FORWARD
Tee it Forward tees at Toscana create a 4,550 yard, par 72 option for our Members and guests. The PGA national initiative encourages courses to make the game of golf more fun for more players (especially beginners) by shortening the course and allowing them to play from tees more suited to their skill level. Taking the lead on this important intiative, we are partnering with Jack Nicklaus and the PGA.
GOLF COURSE MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE
- Overseeding will be done from mid-October to mid-November each year. *When night temperatures fall below 60 degrees, Bermuda growth slows dramatically and the ryegrass has a better chance at establishment.
- Mowing begins daily at 6:00 a.m.
- Greens mowed daily unless heavy frost or rain occurs.
- Greens rolled one or two times weekly depending on growth.
- Tees mowed three times a week.
- Fairways mowed every other day.
- Rough mowed two times a week.
- Greenside bunkers raked five to six times a week and spot checked if not full rake.
- Fairway bunkers are full raked one to two times a week and spot checked daily.